[pmwiki-users] Tag - (Was: RFC: refactored introduction to wiki markup)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri May 19 09:27:48 CDT 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00740.
>

> Let me see if I understand PITS:00740 correctly--
>
> 1.  You want to introduce a (:tag ...:) markup that effectively
>    renders the same as (:comment:).
> 2.  You want to add a "tag=xyz" option to pagelist that is effectively
>    equivalent to doing a list of pages containing "(:tag xyz:).  In
>    other words
>
>        (:pagelist tag=xyz:)
>        (:pagelist tag=-xyz:)
>
>    are the same as
>
>        (:pagelist "(:tag xyz:)":)
>        (:pagelist -"(:tag xyz:)":)
>
> Do I understand PITS:00740 correctly?

You got it.

Note that John suggested using page attributes for tags. I'm not sure
which I'd prefer. Both ways have advantages.

Also note that I'd like to be able to select with some logic, eg

 	(:pagelist tag=include-this-page,-exclude-this-page :)

but I suspect that'll come for free with pagelist.

For performance reasons, I assume storing tags as an attribute is a very
good idea.

regards
/Christian

PS. We might consider asking people if they prefer "label" over "tag". To
be honest, I'm not clear on the difference - if there is one.