[pmwiki-users] HtpasswdForm doesn't work, why?

webmaster at mediapublinet.net webmaster at mediapublinet.net
Thu May 18 23:56:52 CDT 2006

Thanks to The Editor, Dom and Ben Wilson, but...

I now removed any reference to UserAuth.
The page http://stbo.mediapublinet.net/Main/Logins still doesn't work.

After a trace into cookbook/htpasswdform.php, I noticed that the script doesn't
pass the second line:

    # If the admin hasn't configured any password entries, just return.
    if (!$AuthUser) return;

$AuthUser returns false. So, I verified that the local/.htpasswd is really there
(not config/.htpasswd, as in my first post). This file contains:

ben:$1$4Urb55Xy$VhdsATj6GMkEQwiW3uRM91:admin
GuestUser::read

...all seems ok, except the result.