[pmwiki-users] HTTP Authentication and use of login name

Hartl, Bob hartl.r at ghc.org
Thu May 18 17:12:44 CDT 2006

I'm a new user of PmWiki.  I installed PmWiki on Windows using ISAPI.
So far so good!  I'm using HTTP authentication and I've had success in
getting the authenticated login name from REMOTE_USER -- i.e. PmWiki
fills the Author field with this login name.  (I followed advice in
Cookbook:RequireAuthor, section HTTP authentication.)

I have a WikiGroup, for which I have restricted editing to selected
login names (as they appear using REMOTE_USER).  My hope is that if the
user's login name is one of those permitted-to-edit login names, then
the user is able to immediately edit (without any intervening login form
from PmWiki).   But I am getting the login form (username and password).
It seems like I should be able to do this.  Am I missing something easy?

Thanks
Bob Hartl