[pmwiki-users] Removing edit restrictions from a group

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 31 10:18:27 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 08:07:52AM -0800, Ajitabh Pandey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have my website protected by default admin, edit and
> attr passwords. For a particular group, I have the
> following requirements:
>
> (1.) Anybody can edit the page. Basically this is a
> WikiForm, sort of question/answer between election
> candidates and members of a group.
>
> So in local/Elections.php group page, I have specified
>
> ##Adding support for WikiForms
> $FormTemplatePage='FormTemplate';
> $FormsGroup='Elections';
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/wikiform.php");
>
> $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '';
>
> This removes the edit restrictions from this group. I
> can create any page, edit any page etc etc.
>
> Is this the right way to remove the restrictions from
> a group?

While this will probably work, it's not a good idea
to change $DefaultPasswords in per-group customizations
(because the changes aren't recognized if the page is
accessed from a different group).

To remove edit restrictions for just the Elections group,
set the edit password in Elections.GroupAttributes to "@nopass".