[pmwiki-users] Suggested page property: shared page

Bronwyn Boltwood bronwyn at bronwynb.info
Thu Mar 30 09:48:15 CST 2006

On 3/29/06, Bellave Jayaram <bellavejayaram at cox.net> wrote:
> Bronwyn,
>         I am definitely interested in this. This would enable editing if it
> is in one pagestore and readonly if it is in shared.d, for example, which
> would serve a simple workflow from draft to approved.

I'm not sure if it could do that, but it probably could with some
tweaking.  PmWiki now has drafts built-in, e.g. Group.Page-Draft, and
it doesn't take much pagelist and php-fu to keep them out of listings,
so I hadn't thought of that use.

I have a wikifarm with half a dozen fields and 2 different shared
pagestores.  What I want the shared page feature for is to save me the
tedious FTP copy-to-desktop delete-original-file
upload-file-to-appropriate-shared-pagestore dance.  I realize this
chore will be simpler through the shell. Now, I just got a shell
account the other day, but plenty of other people on shared hosting
don't have, and will never be *allowed* to have shell accounts.

In a few weeks, once I have a paycheck from my new dayjob in my hot
little hands, I can even afford to make a donation to fund development
of features I want.  Some of that would *definitely* be earmarked for
blogging features.

> I am guessing this could be made visible only for those with edit (or
> admin?) permissions?

If the page properties were in wikiform markup, a few conditionals
takes care of that.

Bronwyn