[pmwiki-users] password prompt problems perplex people

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Mar 24 11:08:50 CST 2006

At 2006-03-24  10:48 AM -0500, The Editor is rumored to have said:
>Neil, have you checked the group attributes for the Site group, to see
>if perhaps they aren't locked or require a different password than the
>general edit one.  It should say something like edit: set by site. I
>think they are specially edit locked by default
>
>Cheers,
>Caveman
>
>PS.  Thanks for the cigar offer, but don't smoke.  :)

Yes, you are right, the Site group is protected by default with a
password of "*" which is actually set in
wikilib.d/Site.GroupAttributes in the home wiki.

I think the problem I am having is that (:if auth edit:) is evaluated
in the context of the page the author is trying to edit, rather than
indicating that the author has supplied an edit password (for some
other page) previously.

What I really want is a series of tests that say:

         if author has no read password prompt for read password
         elseif author has no edit password prompt for edit password
         elseif author's current edit password is not good enough
prompt for admin password

PS: The cigar was virtual, but I suspect that real cavemen smoked any
old dried leaves they could find. (After discovering fire.)

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668