[pmwiki-users] tweaking the operation of Site.AuthForm

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Mar 22 11:51:56 CST 2006

I have a wiki in a farm running *without* Authuser but with a custom
Site.AuthForm that requests an *author name* along with the password.

There are 2 levels of default passwords that visitors encounter:
1) a read password to even see the site at all
2) an edit password if they want to change something they are reading

So when I first enter the site, I get a form asking for my name and
password, which I supply, and all is well. My author name appears in
the "logged in as:" display at the bottom of the page.

If I then decide to edit a page, the form appears again, but with
different prompts based on the fact that I am already authorized to
read. The problem is, the "name" field is blank in the form, when
ideally it should be pre-filled with $Author.

Any way to do this?

Note that I have some custom code that pops the cursor into the name
field, as supplied by PM yesterday.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/