[pmwiki-users] only blank page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 10:09:31 CST 2006

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:36:45AM +0100, Jonas Bernoulli wrote:
> hello
>
> i am trying to install pmwiki for the first time and have run into the
> following problem.
>
> after i have moved pmwiki-2.1.3 into <path>/htdocs i can access
> pmwiki.php but the page is empty. that is zero characters in it. tried
> with 2.1.2 too.
>
> by the way i am using apache 2.0.55 and mod_php is working. at least
> <?php phpinfo(); ?> worked.

What version of PHP?  (I suspect it's fairly recent.)

> any suggetions what the problem might be. does mod_php have to be
> compiled with certain features enabled?

PmWiki is designed to work with any standard version of PHP
after 4.1.0.  So, it ought to be working -- if it's not, that
indicates something is definitely wrong somewhere.  Is there
a url we could look at?

Also, are all of the scripts/ files in the correct location?

Are there any error messages in an error_log file or in the
Apache error log?