[pmwiki-users] Note on tooltip options

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 18 15:57:25 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 12:20:03AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-03-17  08:05 PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >Do we also need
> >
> >     [[ Link Text -> http://www.example.com | Title text ]]
>
> Other than the fact that it might break existing markup, I would say
> get rid of the [[ Link Text -> http://www.example.com ]] markup
> altogether.

In the name of author friendliness I'm going to keep this one
(also because I use it myself from time to time).

I find that sometimes it's easier to read and understand the
markup when I can put the text before the target (especially if
the target is very parenthetical to the text), and in these
cases the [[ text -> target ]] form is useful.