[pmwiki-users] The New AuthUser
dausha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:38:24 CST 2006
That would definitely be more resource friendly. :-) (Un)Fortunately
for me, the site I was supporting runs in the tens of users, so
resource hogging was the least of worries. ;-)
On 3/14/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 02:44:27PM -0600, Ben Wilson wrote:
> > Last August I put together a mySQL-based authentication model that
> > used a punBB user table to authenticate for PmWiki. I believe the
> > documentation is in the Cookbook.
> > Basically what I did was pull the records from the database, populate
> > the users array in AuthUser, and then allowed PmWiki to do its
> > authentication. The solution should have held up.
> It does (or at least it should have, I tried to keep it workable).
> But in the interest of being slightly more resource-friendly,
> the version of the mysql authentication I'm wanting to create
> would fetch only the single record associated with authid=,
> rather than fetch all of the records and storing them into the
> $AuthUser array (which could eat up a lot of space).
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"
More information about the pmwiki-users