[pmwiki-users] the new FAQ-o-matic (was: Re: Deny viewing the history)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 13 16:36:25 CST 2006

On 3/13/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 11:45:16AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> > At 2006-03-13  10:26 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> > >I've also updated the PmWiki.FAQ page to automatically grab
> > >faq sections from other pages (you can see the newly added
> > >questions automatically appearing at the bottom of PmWiki.FAQ --
> > >http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FAQ ).
> >
> > The automatic FAQ include is superb.

It certainly is.

> Thanks!
>
> > I especially like the way the
> > pagename becomes a heading and link.

That really is good.  Even if a Q/A pair isn't quite right, the Jumbo
Link will get someone to the appropriate documentation page.

> Also, I think there will be some entries that might not fit well on
> any other documentation page; in this case they may just be left
> on the PmWiki.FAQ page itself.

How about a "Miscellaneous" page for those?  A FAQ page with 100%
(:pagelist:) Q/As could be an effective way to reach a lot of the
goals we've been discussing.

I think it's essential that #anchors will be usable in the FAQ section
of a document and in the FAQ page itself.  (I can't seem to reach
pmwiki.org to test that right now.)

Hagan