[pmwiki-users] the new FAQ-o-matic (was: Re: Deny viewing the history)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 11:15:41 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 11:45:16AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-03-13  10:26 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >I've also updated the PmWiki.FAQ page to automatically grab
> >faq sections from other pages (you can see the newly added
> >questions automatically appearing at the bottom of PmWiki.FAQ --
> >http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FAQ ).
>
> The automatic FAQ include is superb.

Thanks!

> I especially like the way the
> pagename becomes a heading and link. Perhaps Hagan can be persuaded
> to move the rest of the entries onto their respective pages. (He is
> the expert in this area  ;-)

Well, anyone is welcome to do it.  For me, I'm planning to wait a bit
and see if the overall concept works at all as we get more questions
and pages together.  It also depends on what happens when others
start adding questions (without answers) to pages.  But even in
this case, the FAQ page gives us a way to know what questions are
out there to be answered.

Also, I think there will be some entries that might not fit well on
any other documentation page; in this case they may just be left
on the PmWiki.FAQ page itself.