[pmwiki-users] Latin-1 (non-7-bit-ASCII) characters in WikiWord links?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 11 06:55:14 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:22:44AM +0100, mech wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting PmWiki working properly when I include my
> native language special caharacers in WikiWord links. As it works when I
> try it in the sandbox on pmwiki.org I am led to believe it has to be
> either a problem with my configuration of either php5 or apache2
> (or maybe a combination of these). I am using the sample configuration
> verbatim with no changes.

Your system would seem to be defaulting to the 'C' locale, or for
whatever reason PHP on your system isn't recognizing the Latin-1
characters as being letters.

Try adding one of the following to local/config.php and see if it
fixes the problem:

    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en_US');
    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'en');
    setlocale(LC_ALL, 'sv_SE');