[pmwiki-users] wikipublisher

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Mar 7 20:32:13 CST 2006

On Wednesday, 8 March 2006 12:56 PM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
>On Wednesday, 8 March 2006 11:00 AM, noskule at gmx.net wrote:
>>* I cant get toc-page to work. I would like to put it in the right
>>sidebar . Is this somhow possiblewithout to put the pagetoc into the
>>target page. (See:
>>http://pmwiki.netstreams.org/index.php/Pagetoc/HomePage)
>>

>No. toc-page only works when the target page includes a toc directive,
>because that's how it decides where to start generating the
>toc.
>
>I might be able to change this, I think.

On further reflection, this is tricky. The toc-page directive
generates references to anchors on the target page; click on one
and it takes you to the page in question. But now, when generating
that page, we need to have an anchor to act as the target of the
link. That's what the toc directive does. Without the toc, there
are no anchors, unless you insert them manually.

So what we need is a "silent toc" directive -- it generates
anchors but no toc list. This needs a suitable markup
variant, such as (:^toc:) for "not toc", in contrast to
(:*toc:) and (:#toc:).

More reflection needed, I think.
--
JR