[pmwiki-users] Skin is missing

kjettil kjettil at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 6 06:53:54 CST 2006

   Having been introduced to pmWiki, I a few days ago downloaded and
installed the latest version on my portable (XP, EasyPHP). I've been
very impressed by it's possibilities and I've successfully played with
and modified various skins and recipes. So, I wanted to put it into
operation for a couple of websites, to be maintained by non-IT-inclined
people. To start testing on a hosted server I
   1 - uploaded/copied the installation I had working perfectly on my
portable to the host server. Result: Skin not recognized, links not
working. Thought it had something to do with portability, so I
   2 - downloaded a fresh latest version, unzipped, config.php
configured, etc and uploaded it all, carefully following the
installation instructions. Same result: Sidebar and start page shown but
without skin and links from that page are not working.
  What's wrong? config.php configured in right place, skins present,
wiki.d exists, .htaccess allowed by host, etc. Any hint on what I should
be looking for?