[pmwiki-users] Timeout/short sessions

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 4 13:38:05 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:35:42PM -0500, The Martins wrote:
> I have a small class (17 users) in a high school computer lab, and we
> started using my new wiki today (small, less than 30 pages right now). It
> did not go well. Most (about 12) users reported being logged out after
> editing even one line of text.
> [...]

Hmm.  Things I can think of...

1.  Perhaps the students' computers are configured to not accept cookies?

> The server is IIS with PHP, the wiki is fairly new (how do I find the
> version? I downloaded it about two weeks ago...) and I am using Userauth v
> .64 for handling logins.

When running PHP under Windows, it's often necessary to set an
explicit value for the session save path as the defaults that come
with PHP don't always work.  Try creating a directory to hold the
session data, and then add the following line to local/config.php:

    session_save_path("/path/to/session_dir");

If those don't work, let us know and I'll come up with some more
ideas or things to diagnose.