[pmwiki-users] AuthUser (was UserAuth)

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:38:28 CST 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 22:22, Susan wrote:
> I don't know about skins that do it, but it's easy enough to add to the
> wiki-text in the sidebar (or anywhere else), so it shows up in any skin:
>
> (:if !authid:)
> [[{$FullName}?action=login|Login]]\\
> (:if authid:)
> !User: {$Author}
> [[{$FullName}?action=logout|Logout]]\\
> (:if auth edit:)
> [[{$FullName}?action=edit|Edit]]\\
> (:if auth admin:)
> [[{$FullName}?action=attr|Page Password]]\\
> [[Site.Admin|Site Admin]]\\
> (:if:)
>

> In plainer English:
> If not logged in, display link to login page
> If logged in, display "User:Name" and give link to logout
> If logged in and have edit authority for the page, give link to edit
> If logged in and have admin authority for the page, give links to edit
> access for page and to the Site.Admin page
>
> I'm still not sure what to do about people logging in with password but
> no name (a carry-over from when I used the standard install.)
>
> If you want to get to the login/logout commands and don't see a link,
> just add ?action=login  or  ?action=logout  after any page name in the
> URL. (Check out Available Actions in the documentation for all sorts of
> nifty things you can do that way.)
>
> Susan

Susan,
thanks a lot 4 your help !
Now I am at a latter stage : can somebody point me @ some docs in how to
activate the attr buttons on any new/edit wiki page ? The goal I wish to
reach is to enable users to protect their pages without having to
type ?action=attr after they created a page.

TIA
Marco

--
You may be recognized soon.  Hide.