[pmwiki-users] AuthUser (was UserAuth)

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Thu Mar 2 15:22:39 CST 2006

I don't know about skins that do it, but it's easy enough to add to the
wiki-text in the sidebar (or anywhere else), so it shows up in any skin:

(:if !authid:)
[[{$FullName}?action=login|Login]]\\
(:if authid:)
!User: {$Author}
[[{$FullName}?action=logout|Logout]]\\
(:if auth edit:)
[[{$FullName}?action=edit|Edit]]\\
(:if auth admin:)
[[{$FullName}?action=attr|Page Password]]\\
[[Site.Admin|Site Admin]]\\
(:if:)

In plainer English:
If not logged in, display link to login page
If logged in, display "User:Name" and give link to logout
If logged in and have edit authority for the page, give link to edit
If logged in and have admin authority for the page, give links to edit
access for page and to the Site.Admin page

I'm still not sure what to do about people logging in with password but
no name (a carry-over from when I used the standard install.)

If you want to get to the login/logout commands and don't see a link,
just add ?action=login  or  ?action=logout  after any page name in the
URL. (Check out Available Actions in the documentation for all sorts of
nifty things you can do that way.)

Susan