[pmwiki-users] HtpasswdFrom doesn't work for normal user with lightskin and EnableCMSmode=1

Jean-Philippe Georget jpgnews2006 at jpgeorget.net
Thu Jun 22 08:11:02 CDT 2006

"Dominique Faure" <dominique.faure at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/21/06, Jean-Philippe Georget <jpgnews2006 at jpgeorget.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I try to use HtpasswdForm with the last PmWiki and lightskin.
>>
>> - as admin, there is no problem at all
>>
>> - as normal user, I can't change my password if I have
>>
>>      $EnableCMSMode = 1;
>>
>>   in my local/config.php
>>

>> Can you help me to have the HtpasswdForm, ligthskin and CMSmode work
>> together ?
>>

> The CMSmode recipe seems to "lock" most of the features required by
> HtpasswdForm:
>
> * The page access to the "Site" group pages are forbidden (except for
> Site.Search and Site.ActionLog), so you should put the
> (:htpasswdform:) markup in a "world-readable" page (only people with
> 'admin' rights would see the full editor).
>
> * Only few actions are allowed for regular users. The following code
> in your local configuration file should allow users to change their
> passwords:
>
>   ## Put the wiki in "CMS Mode".
>   $pagename = ResolvePageName($pagename);
>   include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/cmsb-cmsmode.php");
>
>   # Allow HtpasswdForm action (regular user only)
>   $CMSAllowedActions[] = 'postusrhtpasswd';

Thank you for your answer but it does not work.

There is also some new problem because the SideBar does not appear
anymore and the "homepage" (called initially "Main/Accueil") is not
the good one.

I also think that I have to take some times to test on a new
installation some the different "CMS mode" (there at least 5 items in
the cookbook list that speak about CMS...) because it does not seems
to be as simple as I think at the beginning.

Perhaps also that light skin is too "special" to make things go in the
right way.

Jean-Philippe Georget - jpgnews2006 at jpgeorget.net
                               ^^^^year