[pmwiki-users] Problem wih Include Directives

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 15:01:42 CDT 2006

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Oh, wait!  After thinking about it a bit I think I
> may have a reasonable answer.  I just need a good
> page variable marker that means "included page"
> as opposed to "current page", similar to how
> {=$Name} is different from {$Name} in pagelist
> templates.

That would be a tremendous improvement to pmwiki, it
would also solve the longstanding issues with titles
and includes!  Some suggestions:

 {.$Title}  I like this one, unambiguous?

 {~$Title}  Looks nice, too home directory like?
 {^$Title}  Looks nice, implies parent(bad)?

 {&$Title}  Not pretty, but does seem to convey "here"
 {*$Title}  Conveys anywhere?
 {:$Title}  Too much like a directive?

Of course, I'm biased, I don't like these characters,
?|~!, because they resemble too closely to the
notation that I use in my HttpVariables recipe.

-Martin