[pmwiki-users] Problem wih Include Directives

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 15 11:01:42 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:51:28AM +0200, Philippe wrote:

> I have a problem with the include directive, including when it is
> used in a PageList template: When including a page, the variable $Name
> is the one of the page doing the include instead of the page being
> included.

This has been a long-standing issue within PmWiki; {$Name} always
refers to the page being browsed, and never to the name of an
included page.

There have been a number of requests for this, but unfortunately
it's a bit of a complex implementation issue in the rendering
engine (having to do with knowing where an included section
begins/ends in the markup text).  The latest item on this issue is at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00707 -- cast votes there.

Oh, wait!  After thinking about it a bit I think I may have
a reasonable answer.  I just need a good page variable marker
that means "included page" as opposed to "current page",
similar to how {=$Name} is different from {$Name} in pagelist
templates.