[pmwiki-users] Tip on CMS like wiki (Was: tighten up some settings?)

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Jun 2 16:40:37 CDT 2006

> That reminds me... would you mind giving a link to your CMS-like wikis?
> I'm interested in seeing what they look like, I might be interested in
> trying to use something like that.
>
> If others have tip on CMS skins that they think work well, I'd also be
> interested.

I did mine in two different ways.

First way was to use CSS so the Edit / Upload ... links were the same
colour as the background unless you hovered over them. Don't use it now.

Second, and which I now use on www.cricket.onebit.ca, is to use
AuthUser. There's a Login link on the sidebar, and there's an extra set
of links (and the name of the user) on the sidebar if you're logged in.

I think I started with CMSLike, then customized it.

(:if authid:)
!User: {$Author}
[[{$FullName}?action=logout|Logout]]\\
(:if auth edit:)
[[{$FullName}?action=edit|Edit]]\\
(:if auth admin:)
[[{$FullName}?action=attr|Page Password]]\\
[[Site.Site|Site Admin]]\\
(:if:)
!Main Site
...links to the main site
!Friends
...links to other parts of the site
!Tools
[[{$FullName}?action=diff|Page History]]\\
[[{$FullName}?action=print|Printable View]]\\
[[{$FullName}?action=search|Search]]\\
... these being actions I think strangers might find useful
(:if !authid:)
[[{$FullName}?action=login|Login]]
(:if authid:)
[[{$FullName}?action=logout|Logout]]