[pmwiki-users] New definition list functionality

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 1 14:01:06 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 06:37:45PM +0000, Pico wrote:
> I noticed the definition list on the notify page: *VERY cool*
>
> How does it work?

Actually, this isn't at all new -- it's been in PmWiki for many years.
It only works for $Variables.  Any markup of the form $VariableName
does a search of the pages in the PmWiki.Variables and returns
a link to that page.  Any definition that is of the form :$VariableName:
automatically generates an anchor for that definition.

(The code that performs this magic is in scripts/vardoc.php.)

> I am really excited about this.

I wouldn't be.  1/2 :-)  I don't have any plans at present to extend
this particular feature beyond the existing $Variable documentation,
unless we're able to seriously resolve a lot of issues.