[pmwiki-users] Let notify.php send the selfstanding "real thing" insead of a simple link?

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Jul 25 04:25:57 CDT 2006

> You want to send the entire page content?

Yes, Sir, I do :-)

Just to have a ready picture of it in a few seconds, please try the
TellAFriend recipe here http://www.nonprofitcentermilwaukee.org/data/
(click on "send").

> What if the page is very long, or if a lot of pages are
> updated in a short period of time?

Every page is to sent individually.

If I consider the average page at pmwiki.org I feel quite at ease. My
pages are about the same (on a smaller scale of course).

If a page is updated more than once in a short period of time:
a) my gmail account has enough free space to swallow any incoming mail ;-)
b) more seriously, perhaps a parameter could be set (really optional,
though) to let the page be sent no more than once every n seconds; in
case a page is furiously updated by an hord of orcs, the page is sent
once on the first edit, and then a later delivery is "scheduled" but
not triggered until the delay time has passed, then a second mail is
sent, with whatever content happens to be latest; and so on. Just an
idea to be refined. And optional, I insist. Also, maybe something the
like is already there in notify.php.

> Or if there are a lot of small edits before an email is sent--
> should there be a copy of the entire page for each edit...?

Please see above: I do not feel it is relevant to send every step in
the edit history.
As far as my experience has gone, I can witness that most often people
edits a page first, and immediately re-edits to better refine it.

> This can be done

Yuppi yuppiiiiii!!!!!!!
:-)

Luigi