[pmwiki-users] Let notify.php send the selfstanding "real thing" insead of a simple link?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jul 24 20:52:28 CDT 2006

This might be a really bad idea, but I'd be interested too in
exploring this as a kind of mail list for my wiki.  That is, by adding
emails to Site.Notify for specified members, I could just post a wiki
page and have it forwarded to that list--while automatically archiving
it, etc.  It might even be something that could be done with a forum
posts so they get (optionally) forwarded to any members who want them.

I've been looking for a simple maillist program and can't find one
that doesn't require a lot of unix know-how or that can be interfaced
easily with PmWiki for members to automatically subscribe or
unsubscribe.  If someone can suggest a better solution (or someway of
interfacing with mailman, dadalist, phplist, etc--ie, auto
subscribe/unsubscribe by wiki page), I'd do that.  Otherwise, I'm
thinking seriously about exploring something like this.

Cheers,
Caveman

PS. On another note, is there a page variable for the original author
of a page?  Need it for my forum.  There is lastmodifiedby in the
pagelist variables, and current author, but not page creator author...