[pmwiki-users] Integrating password systems

Andrius Kulikauskas ms at ms.lt
Wed Jan 25 15:04:52 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm setting up PmWiki in conjunction with a Drupal content management
system.

I think I understand the basics of how to set up passwords on PmWiki so
that users can have different access (read and/or write for various
sections) depending on their passwords.

What I would like is for the users who need the password-protected
access to first log in to the Drupal content management system.  Then,
based on their user role in Drupal, I would like them to have the right
privileges (afforded by the relevant password) at PmWiki.  It should be
seemless so that they never release that the passwords exist and are
being checked for them behind the scenes.

How do I go about that?
The Drupal and the PmWiki are sitting on the same server.

In other words, the first time that they click from Drupal into PmWiki,
how could the user role (given by Drupal) pass on the right password for
direct access into PmWiki?

I found the AuthUser functionality
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser
and that I can use it for groups.
I see that Isidor has done something much like what I want.
I think with regard to an LDAP server - I think my situation is perhaps
simpler.
But I still don't understand!

Any thoughts?

Thank you!