[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.1.beta20 released

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 23:16:04 CST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Essentially, to set a password for an account one edits Site.AuthUser
> and does:
>
>     alice: (:encrypt alice_password:)
>
> and PmWiki replaces the (:encrypt ...:) markup with the encrypted form
> of "alice_password".

Just out of curiosity.... is this one of those 'modify-on-save'-things?

As an aside, shouldn't it be possible to encrypt e-mail addresses using a
similar scheme? (I.e. where the address is encrypte to some obscure thing,
for which a mail server is notifed that a specific address should be
forwarded somewhere). Just a thought

/Christian