[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 15:04:28 CST 2006

Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 8:54:52 PM, Mikael wrote:
> ons 2006-01-11 klockan 19:14 +0000 skrev Hans:
>> It would be good if it is possible to have
>>     'BlogArchive.{$CurrentMonth}' in the array, so the blog page gets
>>     added to the current monthly archive. But I think this is very
>>     easy to achieve.

> Well, I've never thought that we would need separate, stored, wiki pages
> for each month, year or whatever, but that such pages would be generated
> on-demand using pagelists or similar.

> Thus, blogging to several trails for me means posting the entry to
> several blogs, not adding it to several views of the same blog. Views
> are just that: views of the same, single trail using pagelist filters to
> pull out entries for a certain month, year, category, whatever.

I am sorry my wording was sloppy! I did not mean that pages getting
added to an archive page, but that links to the pages are getting
added, thus the archive page consists of a list of pagelinks.

Posting a blog page in January 2006 adds automatically a link to the
archive page of the current month, like a page called 2006-01. Such
archive pages consists of just  a list of links to the actual blog
pages. pagelist can use these as source for ouputting formatted
displays (what you call views) dynamically. No content is duplicated.

Best,
~Hans