[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 13:46:23 CST 2006

Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 7:28:11 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Yes, and I think I'd like to have something a bit more parameterized
> than having separate $CurrentMonth, $CurrentYear, etc. variables.

I am curious how that may look.

Perhaps like a time and ctime pagevariable which carries a date
format? But then are we not just exporting php strftime syntax into markup?
Not friendly on authors. But less ambiguous than CurrentMonth, which
could mean any number of things: January, Jan, January 2006, Jan 2006,
or the last two in reverse order.

Handling of various time outputs has not been important, apart from in
calendar recipes. But it is important for blogs. As I can see various
blog solutions emerging as recipes or skins, some standard way of
delivering time variables may be good. That's why I mentioned it.

Best,
~Hans