[pmwiki-users] Looping edit problem without error message

Derek Stibbard darouk at canada.com
Tue Feb 21 14:06:32 CST 2006

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 02:40:06PM -0500, Derek Stibbard
> > wrote: I'm not sure what's gone wrong with my set-up,
> > since the installation seemed to go so smoothly, and I
> > can navigate the wiki well enough.
> >
> > The problem is that when I try to add a page and save
> > the edit, it just reloads the edit page, erasing any
> > text I might have entered.  I followed the configuration
> > basics, and I've looked through the docs and mailing
> > list for several hours, but I'm not getting anywhere.
> >
> > It doesn't ask me for a password, or display an error
> > message, so I'm not sure what's up.
>
> I know this question may be difficult to answer, but is
> the webserver possibly performing any redirects on pages?
>
> Are you setting a value for $ScriptUrl in local/config.php
> , or just accepting the default?
>
> It sounds to me as though the url to which the edit form
> is being submitted is being redirected to a different url.
> Posted values from forms aren't passed through redirects,
> which would completely explain the behavior you're seeing.

You, sir, know your system.

I set the value to $ScriptUrl only to the directory for the
pmwiki.php file, rather then to the actual file itself.
Since I had created the suggested index.php file to redirect
to pmwiki.php, I got partial functionality out of it.

All looks well now.  Both my forehead and my keyboard thank
you for saving them from further abuse.

Regards,
Derek