[pmwiki-users] Looping edit problem without error message

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 21 13:49:37 CST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 02:40:06PM -0500, Derek Stibbard wrote:
> I'm not sure what's gone wrong with my set-up, since the
> installation seemed to go so smoothly, and I can navigate
> the wiki well enough.
>
> The problem is that when I try to add a page and save the
> edit, it just reloads the edit page, erasing any text I
> might have entered.  I followed the configuration basics,
> and I've looked through the docs and mailing list for
> several hours, but I'm not getting anywhere.
>
> It doesn't ask me for a password, or display an error
> message, so I'm not sure what's up.

I know this question may be difficult to answer, but is
the webserver possibly performing any redirects on pages?

Are you setting a value for $ScriptUrl in local/config.php,
or just accepting the default?

It sounds to me as though the url to which the edit form
is being submitted is being redirected to a different url.
Posted values from forms aren't passed through redirects,
which would completely explain the behavior you're seeing.