[pmwiki-users] Multiple Sources, Authentication Groups, and AuthUser

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:38:41 CST 2006

Dear list,

I've got an internal library wiki that is currently set up using the
library's LDAP to provide authentication.  The default read
authentication is id:*, because anybody who's in the staff library
LDAP setup should be able to use it.

That said, we've got a few outside individuals who we want to have
access to a few pages here and there, for projects they are working on
with the library.  However, it'd be better if they didn't then have
access to everything on the wiki.

The "best" way of doing this it seems would be something like
id:(someone_from_the_ldap), id:whoeverelse

There isn't really a way to specify which source someone is being
authenticated from, though, right?  So then, I was thinking, what
about creating an authentication group, which anybody from a source is
going to automatically be a part of... then I could do @librarystaff,
id:whoeverelse.  Right?

Is that possible?

Jon