[pmwiki-users] Proposed Default Stylesheet (pmwiki.css)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 18 03:50:58 CST 2006

On 2/17/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> > > My question is:  Assuming that you were styling the above HTML
> > > and trying to get the heading margins you're describing, what
> > > CSS settings would you use to do it?  Ignore PmWiki for this
> > > question -- assume we're starting with a completely empty
> > > CSS spec.
> >
> > Let me do some experimenting and see if I can figure out what you're
> > going for...
>
> I'm not trying to be mysterious or opaque,  I'm just trying to
> get a better understanding of your perceptions of CSS and how
> it should work.  :-)

What's mysterious is why you wold think it would be done any differently.  :-)

IOW it seems like a "trick question" because I would use the same
lines of CSS, save for the line-height of 1em.  Hopefully that doesn't
reveal some big misunderstanding of CSS  on my part!

Here, headings are unstyled
http://qdig.sourceforge.net/wiki-skins/sshots/Test/CSSMarginTestZero.html

Here's the heading treatment from 0070:
http://qdig.sourceforge.net/wiki-skins/sshots/Test/CSSMarginTestOne.html