[pmwiki-users] deleting pages

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:12:23 CST 2006

If we're talking about PmWiki *installations*, and not the actual
PmWiki.orgwiki itself:

As it says on PmWiki/DeletingPages,

"...the deleted page still exists on the server (with a timestamp) and can
be restored to the former page by the wiki
administrator<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiAdministrator>
."

This restored  version will have the page's history intact. And it says

"The default word used for page deletion ("delete") can be changed in
config.php by setting the variable
$DeleteKeyPattern<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditVariables#DeleteKeyPattern>(see
EditVariables <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditVariables>)." so your
site's delete word doesn't ahve to be the same as anyone else's.

Finally, there's http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DeleteAction, which
provides a recipe for requiring a password for deleting at page.