[pmwiki-users] Quick/easy way to check if page is passwd protected?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 00:16:26 CST 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Ben Wilson wrote:

> Christian suggested using the same core script for Emacs. The script
> I've written (pywe - Python Wiki-Editor) will accept any editor. The
> core behavior is the same as pmwikieditor, which was to pull the content
> via ?action=source, save to a temporary file, edit temporary file, write
> temporary file back.

What about simultaneous edits? That's the main thing that I haven't fixed
in pmwiki-mode for Emacs. Partly because it's a slightly tricky, partly
because my lisp isn't that good, but mostly because I haven't had time.
Getting this to work is however *very* important.

> I'm going to be adding the ability to just pull the
> file into a named file, and to feed a named file into a wiki, as well.
>
> So, the current CLI version does not care what the editor is--the user
> sets via argument or preference file.

Or via $EDITOR?

> Although, the next step will be to write a GUI (that will work on Linux,
> Mac and Win32) that will preform quasi WYSIWYG editing functionality.
> That will be the daunting task.

I've actually been thinking of modifying 'LyX' for this purpose...
although even when just modifying another program it's still quite the
task. So this is in the future for me.

/Christian