[pmwiki-users] Characters in file names (! = + #)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 11 11:10:20 CST 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 11:58:06AM +1300, Simon wrote:
> I was trying to attach some files to a wiki page,
> and observed that characters such as
> = + # !
> were stripped from the names.
> What is the reasoning behind this,
> and how can I allow/enable these characters in attached file names

Allowing people to upload files to a server should always be
scrutinized carefully, so PmWiki tends to err on the conservative
side here and restricts filenames to things that would be
considered very safe.  Non-alphabetics are often not safe.  :-)

At the moment there's not an easy way to allow things outside
of the range of alphanumeric characters, but I'll see about
adding a configuration option for it if you need it.