[pmwiki-users] Suggestion for new page directives

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 9 11:36:48 CST 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 02:15:02PM +0100, Musikschule Bernsbach / Schwarzenberg (Webmaster) wrote:
> First of all, i suggest the (:nooutput:) page directive.
> Example: When I add some wiki styles (%define=xxx%) to my
> Group.GroupHeader, I would like to group some style sets:
> [...]
> But if I leave some blank lines in this page, the other pages in that
> group apply these blank lines and have some space at the top. I would
> use (:nooutput:) to prevent the output of that page from being displayed.
> With (:nooutput:) you can also use plain text instead of that (:comment:)
> directive.

Use >>comment<< instead of (:nooutput:) -- it has the same
effect.

> Next, I would like to use the (:nolist:) and the (:forcelist:) page
> directives. (:nolist:) hides the current page from (:pagelist:) and
> (:searchresults:) for a) all formats and b) and c) the specified list
> formats. (:forcelist:) forces the current page to be displayed for a)
> all formats and b) and c) the specified list formats.

I don't have a convenient mechanism for (:forcelist:), but (:nolist:)
can be done by simply adding "-(:nolist:)" to the searchresults/pagelist
options.

Adding it as a default requires scanning the text of each page
for every search (or at minimum loading the page file on every search),
which would slow things down a bit.