[pmwiki-users] clearing down

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 29 17:04:57 CST 2006

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 12:10:45PM -0800, Nicholas Buttle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to get something like ready for
> unleashing the PMwiki to users.
>
> Now I want to clear out all the rubbish that I've put
> in there so that we can start with a clean install.
> What should I delete?  I want to get rid of the
> uploaded files and the test pages/categories and their
> content.

One easy mechanism is to simply rename the wiki.d/ and uploads/
directories to a different name.  PmWiki will then prompt you
to create new wiki.d/ and uploads/ directories.  Then if there
are any files you want to keep from the test install, you can
simply copy them from the old wiki.d/ or uploads/ directories
into the new ones.

> Also, is there any file that will tell me which
> version of PMWiki I have?  It's only a couple of
> months old but I'd like to keep on top of the versions
> we have installed.

You can do any of:
   - view the PmWiki.PmWiki page
   - edit a page and put {$Version} in the markup
   - look at the contents of the scripts/version.php file