[pmwiki-users] Installation Question and Blocklist Question

Hagan Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 29 13:38:14 CST 2006

Kevin <tokyostory2000 <at> yahoo.co.jp> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> When installing, is it important to ftp the whole pmwiki folder as is?
> or can the folder be unpacked and then uploaded.  For example, the
> pmwiki.php file would not be at  www.domain.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php, but
> at www.domain.com/pmwiki.php  Will this cause problems?

It's probably best not to install the software in your document root directory
unless you have a specific reason for doing so.  You can make PmWiki appear to
be installed in the document root without actually installing it there.

There are instructions on the CleanURLs page.  Scroll down to 'Shortening or
Altering the Path and Eliminating "pmwiki.php"'.

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls#index_file

> My Site.site page does not include a Blocklist in the in "Configurations
> and Menu Pages" section.  Is it OK just to create a new page called
> Site.blocklist  ?

Yes, except it will be Blocklist with a capital b.

Hagan