[pmwiki-users] notsosimpleskin resize

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Dec 29 11:27:37 CST 2006

dso said...
> marc wrote:
> > dso said...
> >> I would like to get direction on how to transform notsosimpleskin from a
> >> fixed width skin to something that resizes to the browser window.  Is
> >> this possible?  Thanks!
> >
> > Not so simply.
> >
> > The top and bottom images and the page background are images that span
> > the width of the page. So, you would need to find a way to solve that
> > problem. Part of the skin's attraction is the left and right shadows
> > that these images provide, so unless you are prepared to jettison these,
> > you've some work to do.
> >
> > The first step, imo, is to make the skin table-less. I did this a while
> > ago, and it simplifies the skin quite a bit. I also made it so that the
> > min height is 100%. Oh, I forgot, there an initial install using this
> > skin here:
> >
> >   http://www.auxbuss.com/pmwiki/
> >
> > ... if that's of any use for a starter.
>
> Thank you!
>
> This page looks a lot like notsosimpleskin but with a resizable width.
> I would love to be able to do something like that:
> http://www.giuntoli.com/?n=Main.HomePage?userlang=it

Ah! Hmm, it's a bit of a mess from a CSS perspective. It shouldn't be
too hard to replicate this with a table-less skin. To be honest, most of
the time building these things is usually spent working around the mess
that is IE :-|

> How did you make it tableless?

All the info is in the skin itself. It's basically a two-column setup
with header and footer. So, start with a regular table-less version of
that model and add the PmWiki bits and pieces (e.g. <!--PageText-->,	<!--
wiki:$SiteGroup.SideBar-->, and so on).

> Have you considered releasing your own skin?

Yes, I should package it up and release it.

--
Best,
Marc