[pmwiki-users] Firefox 2 breaks Alt+E, Alt+S etc accesskeys

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 25 16:40:49 CST 2006

For those that upgrade to Firefox 2 and find their Alt+E, Alt+H, Alt+S and Alt+U accesskeys no longer work: you have to now press Shift *also*.

Since that's too much of a bother for me I instead took note of the suggestion below which instructs to

1. open url "about:config",

2. search for contentAccess and

3. change the value of the only entry returned to 4

Now accesskeys should work as in Firefox 1.5.

If anyone knows of a similar hack for use in Opera, please post it as I really prefer to use that browser.

/jm

The Solution (found on http://www.hannonhill.com/company/blog/2006/firefox-2.0-access-keys-bug.html):

Thankfully, the MozillaZine thread also provides the solution. According to "stonedyak", you just need to do "about:config" in Firefox and change "ui.key.contentAccess" to "4". That's it. I believe someone will come up with a quick Firefox extension to provide more control over this. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.