[pmwiki-users] New Recipes: SortByScore, Excerpts, SearchQueryVariable, ProgressBar, Spaces in pagenames

Mateusz Czaplinski czapkofan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 15:33:47 CST 2006

Hello all.
I've been building a whole bunch of recipes recently, and I've just finished
uploading them all on pmwiki.org. What's there:

SortByScore - search results sorted by relevance *at last* - pages with most
occurences of the word appear first. See:
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SortByScore

Excerpts - show fragments of pages surrounding some word (used by the recipe
above). See: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Excerpts

SearchQueryVariable - useful if you want to provide user with a "Create page
with such name" link on the Search Results page. See:
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SearchQueryVariable

ProgressBar - (:progress 30:) or (:progress 3/10:) both show a 30% progress
bar built with CSS. See: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ProgressBar

Spaces in pagenames - the way they worked for me. See (attention):
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AlternateNamingScheme - *at the bottom of
the page* (maybe I should move it to some better place?)

Please feel welcome to use them, leave comments, ask questions. If you write
any emails, *please* address/forward them to my private address (
czapkofan at gmail.com) or leave as comments on recipe pages. I don't have
enough time to read this group too often, and almost certainly I won't have
chance to notice them otherwise.

Greetings and Merry Christmas! Don't stay by your PCs too much during the
holidays ;)
Mateusz Czapliński