[pmwiki-users] Email to Wiki

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Dec 21 15:39:27 CST 2006

Still wondering exactly what would be involved in getting an email to
wiki module working.  I have a real interest in this, and would like
perhaps to give it a whirl. But don't know where to start...

Can php be used with email functions--as in check an email account,
retrieve email messages, etc.?  (POP accounts enough for me).
Couldn't seem to find anything at php.net, but may not have known
where to look. If I could get a little traction, I could maybe
research it some more.  But then again, if it can't be done in php,
maybe I just need to forget about it awhile.

I'd be happy for about any system that could just retrieve emails and
convert them to simple text files...  There's gotta be something that
can do that.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dan