[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Dec 21 12:24:06 CST 2006

Hans said...
> Thursday, December 21, 2006, 4:13:59 PM, marc wrote:
>
> > Thinking about it, this begs the question of whether it might be useful
> > to add a Fox parameter to check the existence of a file and not apply
> > the update if it exists: unique, say.
>
> Fox does not overwrite any page content, only appends or prepends
> posts.

Yes, I know, and that's why I said update ;-) And 'unique' rather than
'new' - although there's probably a better word.

If you don't like it, it's no problem, I'll sort it out. It'll be
useful (to me) for situations like the example, where two folk risk
writing to the same page, but where the content must be separate. It's
not an ideal solution, but for low throughput should suffice.

--
Best,
Marc