[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 11:29:34 CST 2006

Thursday, December 21, 2006, 3:45:20 PM, marc wrote:

> Very neat! However, the 'Log.' format is invalid (I think) and ListPages
> () returns $FullName, so the substr() doesn't work.

Well I did test what I wrote. 'Log' is the name of the group,
and ListPages('/^Log\\.\\d/') is an array consisting of page names,
starting with Log. (pages in group Log), and continuing with digits.
substr does work,
   $issue = max(@$issue,substr($i,4));
gives the highest number of the pagename-as-digits, starting after the
dot.

> Note, however, that two (or more) users could obtain the same
> $nextissue, which results in both messages being written to the same
> page.

True, perhaps Lock(2) should be called?

Hans