[pmwiki-users] ldap configuration

Matt Vance mvance at pobox.com
Wed Dec 20 14:57:30 CST 2006

I'm working with a pmwiki installation that has been set up at a
university. In the initial phase, only the professors on a particular
committee were entering content. They would now like to open it up to
editing by all faculty and for browsing by everyone. We have an LDAP
server and we've been able to configure pmwiki to authenticate against
it, using the following LDAP setting:

    ldap://ldap1.stedwards.edu/dc=stedwards,dc=edu?uid

. . . but we've been running into trouble trying to limit editing to
just the faculty group. There is an email group within ldap
(emailGroup=staff), but despite having tried a dozen or so variations to
the ldap setting above, none have produced the desired results. Can
anyone help me to come up with the correct LDAP setting?

Thanks,
Matt