[pmwiki-users] Question - dot as page name

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Wed Dec 20 12:48:10 CST 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 07:58, Nicolas Pelletier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to use a dot in a page name? Group Name?
>
> In our case, we would like to have a group named .Net with some pages also
> containing dots (like ".Net Problems" etc).
>
> Is it possible and how can it be done?

I don't know for sure, but would assume probably not.  Why don't you just
follow convention and use "DotNet"?  That is used rather widely, and is
easier to search on.  A google query for "dotnet" returns "about" 12.3
million pages.  A query for ".net" returns 1.62 billion pages, but a lot of
those pages have nothing to do with programming, since punctuation isn't a
part of google searches.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111