[pmwiki-users] New recipe: Fox

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Wed Dec 20 06:48:48 CST 2006

Hans said...
> Tuesday, December 19, 2006, 3:10:33 PM, marc wrote:
>
> > Have you tried it on a clean PmWiki install yourself?
>
> Yes. Latest pmwiki, No recipes except fox.php.
> No special setings, no author or authuser.
> Works okay, both on local Windows XP machine with WAMP server, and on
> hosting service public server (I think they run on Linux).
> Very weird, as you seem to be the only one having  a problem
> with saving pages.
>
> Try and copy the NewPageBox example into a new page:
>
> '''NewPageBox opens new page in edit mode'''
> If page exists it will jump to target page.
>
> (:fox box1 #top redirect=1 :)
> (:input text newedit value="Test" size=20:)(:input submit post "New Page":)
> (:foxend box1:)
>
> '''NewPageBox saves new page with template string inserted'''
> If page exists it will append template string to existing target page.
>
> (:fox box2 #top redirect=1 :)
> (:input text target value="Test" size=20:)(:input submit post "New Page":)
> (:foxtemplate "'''New Page'''":)
> (:foxend box2:)
>
> First box does not use UpdatePage function of pmwiki 2.2.0,
> Second one does.

The first one (top) opened an empty edit page

  Main / Test
  Editing Main.Test

with Author set to the last value I used when testing Fox [1]. It
behaved as expected.

The second one (bottom) created a new page, as expected. As you can see
from its history, it applies the correct author also.

  Main /
  Test
  Main.Test History

  Hide minor edits - Show changes to markup
  December 20, 2006, at 12:43 PM by mm -
  Deleted line 0:

  New Page
  Restore

--
Best,
Marc

[1] PmWiki itself "knows" that author has been set - i.e. {{$Author}}.
Thus the author input box of FoxRecipe is always automatically set.