[pmwiki-users] Spam filtering not cutting it

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Mon Dec 18 19:33:59 CST 2006

I'm running the BlogSimple2 recipe along with Blocklist3, and I've got
the blocklist filtering the comments (editing is password protected).
Unfortunately, in practice all this seems to mean is that every time I
clean today's two dozen spam comments off of my site, they contain key
terms I haven't seen before.  I see that there's a Captcha recipe, but
it doesn't appear to integrate into the rest of pmwiki.  Does anybody
have any suggestions on how to further hinder spam in my comments?

David

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 05:45:28PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Monday, December 18, 2006, 5:28:11 PM, The wrote:
>
> > zap also has the same kind of page templating capabilities
introduced
> > in ADL.  It does not however take an append/prepend approach to
> > comments but rather stores them as data on separate pages that can
be
> > retrieved via pagelists and formatted as desired.  It's also easy to
> > edit/delete individual comments.  The advantage to Fox's approach
> > however is faster processing, as you only have to load one page for
> > pagelisting there can get a bit slow...
>
> I don't understand this claim of faster processing.
> In order to show a thread ZAP has to load lots of pages (well the
> pagelist does), each with one comment only. Whereas with Fox you just
> load the topic page, no pagelist processing involved at all.

Er, the previous poster was saying that *Fox* has faster processing.
You're both agreeing with each other!

Kathryn Andersen
      v     |