[pmwiki-users] Http 404 with IE, forumstyled, new topic

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 12:20:17 CST 2006

Sunday, December 17, 2006, 4:59:25 PM, L. wrote:

> What could cause this - that IE can create new non-forum pages, but
> not forum topic pages?

Yes you are right, I can see this problem too.
Can you confirm that the problem originates with newpageboxplus or
commentboxplus or forumstyled, by running a test where you do not
include those scripts in config.php?

I just did this and I still get the error trying to open a
non-existing page.
Testing method: I open a wiki page with IE.
Then I append some numbers to the url in the address bar, and press
enter, asking IE to load a page which I know does not exist (in any
group). I get the "Page not found" error, instead of the pmwiki "page
not found" dialog (which asks politely if you want the page to be
created). - But I don't get this error doing it on pmwiki.org. - I am
puzzled.

Hans